Home News ANAMBRA GOVERNMENT MOVES TO STOP IPOB SIT-AT-HOME ORDER

ANAMBRA GOVERNMENT MOVES TO STOP IPOB SIT-AT-HOME ORDER

by whogozng

The Anambra State Government led by Chief Willie Obiano alongside the Police Command in the state has threatened to mar the sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB.

The Anambra State Government and the Police Command have said that measures are already in place to ensure that the residents of the state would not be intimidated by any person or group in the name of a so-called sit-at-home order.

Recall that the outlawed Indigenous People Of Biafra IPOB, through some of its comrades had threatened to shut down the Economy of the entire S’Eastern region beginning from August 9, 2021.

IPOB had declared what it called ‘Ghost Monday’ in the South-East.

The Anambra state Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba confirmed that plans are in place to avert the looming disturbance, but that plan won’t be disclosed to the media yet.

Adinuba said on Monday:

“We won’t disclose our plans in the media, but I want to assure you that we have big plans to ensure that our people are free from any form of intimidation.”

Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed that the Command was committed to the protection of the people of the state; he stressed that there will be no need for any alarm over the threat issued by the secessionist group.

In case you don’t know, IPOB leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who’s currently detained in the custody of the Department of State Service DSS, will appear before an Abuja Federal High Court in October, to continue his trial that borders on treasonable felony amongst others.

Few months ago, the attorney general of the Federation Abubakar Malami SAN, confirmed that Kanu had been re-arrested following a collaborative effort of the Nigerian Police and foreign security operatives.

You may also like

Leave a Comment